본문 바로가기
사이트 내 전체검색

회원로그인

FREE BOARD

5 Laws That Anyone Working In Audi G28 Should Know

페이지 정보

작성자 Elliot (102.♡.1.192) 작성일24-09-24 02:38 조회8회 댓글0건

본문

How to Replace an audi key blade [mouse click the up coming webpage] G28 Engine Speed Sensor

Charles the Humble Technician teaches you how to replace the G28 Engine Speed Sensor. This sensor is located at the edge of transmission over the flywheel gear. It transmits a signal the ECU via the grey wire (T55/49), then to the tachometer located in the instrument cluster.

1. Engine Speed Sensor

Located on the edge of the transmission just above the flywheel ring gear, the G28 Engine Speed Sensor sends signals to ECU pin T55/49 using a grey wire. The ECU uses this information to regulate fuel and boost. It also sends an indicator to the G5 Tachometer located in the instrument cluster.

The sensor is used as a reference to correlate with the G40 Camshaft Position Sensor. The ecu must know when the crankshaft is TDC and where the camshaft is so it can trigger spark and injectors in the right way.

If this sensor fails the ECU will show a P00160 code which means the Crank Shaft and Intake Camshaft are out of sync and could indicate the chain stretching or a jump link on the upper chain of timing. However, the error code won't appear on its own, without additional information from other sensors (G4 and G40).

It's a bit tricky to test since there are different pins on the connector and each has its own functions. The most effective method to test it is by measuring the resistance between the ECU and the sensor. It should read approximately 1000 ohms if the sensor is operating at its maximum. If you're having issues with this sensor, look for evidence of coolant or oil in the connector bay.

2. Injectors

Yesterday, as i was accelerating off the highway paytoll at maximum speed, i noticed a huge drop in power. It was as if the engine was running out of gas. Or, my injectors were not firing. I took out the spark plugs this morning, three were drenched in gasoline and the 4th was dry. I put tissue over each hole in the injector and when i turn the engine on without sparks, the 3 with gazoline jump right out. The 4th one stays shut. I tested the ground connection on ECU pins 14/55,30/55 and 48/55 i get zero ohm. I'm assuming that the issue is in another location.

I also tried to reset the PID without success. The car is able to start when the G28 is unplugged and runs fine when it is plugged in, but still is experiencing intermittent misfires at higher RPM. The coolant temperature sensor (G62) shows the wrong temp value -49c even when i unplug it. I also noticed that the gauge for oil pressure in the cockpit shows 2 bar while the actual pressure is 0.0 when i rev the engine.

I'm not sure what to do, but i feel i have pretty much ruled out everything else. I'm concerned that i may have missed something. If anyone has suggestions, please chime in! TIA!

3. Fuel Pump

The fuel pump in the g28 receives a signal from the RPM sensor. The GM-style transmitter functions similarly to the G4 sender and works on the 80,100,200, UrS, and RS2 vehicles. You can easily find an extra in a wrecking shop or parts store. Test them out to do - just put your DMM in resistance mode and measure the resistance between pins 1 (with the bump on the connector end up) and 2 (2nd from the left on the black end of the connector). They must be infinite Ohms.

4. ECU

The ECU of our 20vt turbo (3B AAN ABY) engines needs to know the position and speed cost of audi key replacement the crankshaft in order to make a decision about timing of fuel injectors, etc. It utilizes a Crank Position Sensor G4 and an Engine Speed Sensor G28 to achieve this. If you are experiencing issues with either one of these, the diagnostic scanner will display the codes that could trigger an engine shutdown.

A failing G28 sensor could result in an inaccurate speed counter for your gearbox, a gearbox that shifts faster than normal, or a misfire while in gear. It is likely that your sensor is failing and requires to be replaced if you notice any of these symptoms. The good thing is that they are very cheap and readily available particularly in the case of the Bosch sensor, which is what ours are. You can also choose the GM version of this unit is also a good choice.

5. Tachometer

A malfunctioning engine speed sensor could be a cause for numerous issues in your vehicle. It's an essential component of the transmission of your replacement audi key since it sends information to the ECU about how fast or slowly the engine of the car is spinning. If this sensor fails, it can affect the performance of the transmission, as well as the rest of the car's components.

The G5 engine sensor is located near the edge of transmission, above the flywheel ring. It sends signals via an uncolored wire to the ECU pin T55/49. The ECU is then able to process this signal to regulate fuel, timig, and boost and then sends it on to the G5 tachometer in the instrument cluster. You can check for sensor failure by checking continuity from the sensor to the tachometer. You can also check continuity between pin T55/49 of the ECU and pin T6a/1 of the instrument cluster (trace [79trace [79]) and between pin T6a/1 as well as pin T26a/12. You should detect the resistance to be around 1000 ohms in these areas. This is a typical part across the audi car keys 80 100, 200, UrS and RS2 range from 1985 MC until the 1997 UrS AAN and 1995 RS2 ADU so good ones might be availble in wrecking yards.renault-logo-evolution.jpg

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

접속자집계

오늘
어제
최대
전체
그누보드5
회사소개 개인정보처리방침 서비스이용약관 Copyright © 소유하신 도메인. All rights reserved.
상단으로
모바일 버전으로 보기